With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
In a state of , wonder, expectation, or eager attention.
- with mouth agape
- not believe your luck
- have palpitations
- not believe your eyes
- not know what hit you
- all agog
- as though you’ve seen a ghost
- be like a rabbit caught in the headlights
- on tenterhooks
- almost have a heart attack
- not believe your ears
- on the tiptoe of expectation
- your eyes pop out of your head
- leap out of your skin
- eyes out on stalks
- be struck dumb
The witty bird tilted his head, and cawed a few times, keeping his mouth agape after the last caw, with his wings outstretched.
I stood in awe of the man and am certain that my mouth was agape during his talk.
Every one was agape with astonishment again.